[Catalyst] Controller vs. C

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Wed Nov 2 03:55:01 CET 2005

Most people including me prefer [MyApp::Controller::Foo,
MyApp::Model::Bar, MyApp::View::Baz] over [MyApp::C::Foo,
MyApp::M::Bar, MyApp::V::Baz].
So we've changed the default to long types in the upcoming 5.5 release.

Short types are still supported and just require the "-short"
argument to be appended to the normal helper command.

     catalyst.pl -short MyApp
     script/myapp_create.pl -short controller Foo
     script/myapp_create.pl -short model Bar
     script/myapp_create.pl -short view Baz

This is a completely transparent change for all sane helpers, nothing
should break.

--
sebastian