[Catalyst] [Task] A new ASCIITable module

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Wed Nov 2 04:47:33 CET 2005

At the moment we are using Text::ASCIITable for the debug tables,
which unfortunately seems to be the best CPAN has to offer so far.
But recently there are more and more problems appearing, like
memleaks, only wrapping lines on whitepsaces and the like.

We definately need something new!

Here's my feature wishlist:
* NO MEMLEAKS! :)
* no camelcase methods
* line wrapping on non-whitespace characters
* optional column title
* configurable border characters
* fixed table width

And some examples of what we need:

.--------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------.
| Private                              |
Class                                 |
|=-------------------------------------
+--------------------------------------=|
| /bar                                 |
MyApp                                 |
| /foo                                 |
MyApp                                 |
| /foo/bar/baz/yada/yada/yada/yada/ya- |
MyApp::Controller::Foo::Bar::Baz::Ya- |
| da/yada                              |
da::Yada                              |
| /default                             |
MyApp                                 |
'--------------------------------------

------.

MyApp::C::Foo