[Catalyst] end() not reached after $c->error('string') called

radium radium at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:02:49 CET 2005

I'm at a loss here. I have an app on Catalyst 5.33 that was using a custom
error page as described in the cookbook (handling $c->error in end() as
described). This was working fine until recently I noticed the default
catalyst error page was back. For some reason, upon error my app never
reaches the end method.

I figured this was an error in my application. I installed the ServerDB
example as a baseline for comparison, but it behaves the same way upon error
(never calls end). So next I pulled up an older version of my code from cvs
and the same thing happened. So then I installed ServerDB application on an
entirely separate server with a fresh new Catalyst install from cpan, and
the same thing happened again!

I must be going crazy, stupid, or both. Should'nt end() be reached when
"$c->error('string')" was called? I can't see how the cookbook example would
work otherwise.

Thanks,
Ken