[Catalyst] Catalyst::Helper::Controller::Scaffold::REST and corresponding ajax Class::DBI-like module

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 11:26:30 CET 2005

Scotty Allen wrote:
> The first, Catalyst::Helper::Controller::Scaffold::REST provides a
> simple REST interface for a CDBI class.  HTTP GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE
> on a url endpoint are mapped onto retrieve, update, insert and delete in
> the CDBI class.

That's cool. (I haven't looked at your code, sorry, but the idea is cool).

It would be cool to have some more 'clients' for this 'server' too. For
example, a version of CDBI (or, better, DBIC :P) which backends onto
HTTP to access a remote DB. Now imagine a web application for e.g. email
or photo storing which I can now access from local perl as if it was a
local database. Nice.

Also a java 'client' for applet frontends....

Jules