[Catalyst] Apache <-> DB-Problem

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 11:51:40 CET 2005

Florian Rossol wrote:
> When I edit the same entry in the table serveral times, after some
> time in the view and edit-page appears randomly older versions of the
> entry. At this time I checked the DB, but in the table in the DB the
> entry was correct at the newest version, so there is no error during
> writing the modified version to the DB.

It's not impossible this is an obscure bug, but most of the kinds of
bugs I can imagine would also show up with the test server. I'd
seriously consider the possibility that it could be a caching bug in
your user agent. Check with a few different user agents and see if you
can replicate it in all of them; also as you are testing, have the
server log file open and be sure that your page views are generating
'200' requests. If you see no request at all, it's user agent caching.
If you see a 304 response code then some configuration on the server is
incorrectly telling the user-agent that it is permitted to serve the
previously cached version.