[Catalyst] Apache <-> DB-Problem

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Nov 6 15:27:36 CET 2005

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 11:33:14AM +0100, Florian Rossol wrote:
> When I edit the same entry in the table serveral times, after some
> time in the view and edit-page appears randomly older versions of the
> entry. At this time I checked the DB, but in the table in the DB the
> entry was correct at the newest version, so there is no error during
> writing the modified version to the DB.

This are probably obvious to you, but I'd try:

First, run Apache in single process mode with -X and see if the
problem shows up right away.

Second, I'd disconnect the database at the start of every request
(which would cause a new connection) and see if that makes the problem
go away.  I suppose watching DBI trace would show also if it's the
database or the application showing the old data.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org