[Catalyst] [RFC] Cleaning up the trunk

Danijel Milicevic Danijel.Milicevic at rawmode.org
Sun Nov 6 17:30:35 CET 2005

Hello list,

we've been discussing the current state of trunk recently and some of us
came to the conclusion that it's a big mess. Too many plugins that do
the same, some of them maintained, some not - often bad name/namespace.

To clean this up, we'd like to move some plugins to /trunk/historical -
which plugins will be affected: we don't know at the moment, but a good
guideline might be:

Plugins that are:
- outdated / out-of-support / unmaintained
- not recommended (yes shlomi, I am talking about your plugins) ;D
- got replaced by newer plugins that maintain backwards compatibility

We'd like to hear your opinion on this matter - maybe even some
suggestions on what plugins could be moved to the attic.

Two namespaces that are big candidate for this cleanup are
Authenticat(e|ion) and Authorization.

Regards,
Danijel Milicevic