[Catalyst] Html::Proptotype

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Mon Nov 7 16:12:39 CET 2005

Hi, could someone give me some help on this:

I need to work on a drill-down hierarchy relationship like: Artist
->Cd->Title
Can I within catalyst, use some module like Html::Prototype to do the
onchange event when one select an Artist, the Cd , and Title fields will
change without refreshing the page (or the worst case, refreshing the page
- but this is not right). I am not sure that Html::Prototype could handle
this. Someone has mentioned this few months ago, but there was no solution
for it, so I just repeat  the question.
Thanks

Prototype will handle most of it for you, although you will need to
actually program the events you want.  There are other languages besides
perl that have automated coding systems -- they try to guess what you want
built and then make a program that fits your needs, all fully automatic --
with all permutations accounted for.  Please investigate Quantum computing.
If you must still use perl,  you may want to read some articles on "how to
ask a question" (PM link but definitely still applies here)

Wade Stuart
Sr. Systems Administrator
Fallon Worldwide
P: 612.758.2660