[Catalyst] home dir detection problem

Marcello m.romani at spinsoft.it
Mon Nov 7 16:52:34 CET 2005

Sebastian Riedel ha scritto:

> Am 07.11.2005 um 16:16 schrieb Marcello:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>     While developing a new catalyst app from scratch I found a
>> strange error: home directory autodetection always found /path/to/
>> MyApp/lib/MyApp instead of /path/to/MyApp
>>
>> The problem was I didn't use the helper scripts to generate the
>> initial skeleton, so I did not create Makefile.PL nor Build.PL.
>> After putting an empty Makefile.PL in /path/to/MyApp home
>> autodetection worked fine again.
>> I found this solution reading Catalyst::Util.pm (sub home).
>>
>> I don't think this is a bug, but I think it might be helpful to
>> mention it in the "solved issues" page on the dev site.
>

> It's no bug, we need some fixed points in the project dir to detect  if
> this app was already installed (perl Build install), which results  in a
> different home path.

I was not questioning the fact that the presence of Makefile.PL or
Build.PL is taken as a 'fixed point' (if I get your point ;-) just
asking if something similar to "if you don't use helper scripts to
generate the skeleton app, remember to put Makefile.PL or Build.PL..."
etc. should be said somewhere in the docs.