[Catalyst] Announcement - New session plugins

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Nov 8 05:25:12 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 10:48:37PM +0200, Yuval Kogman wrote:
> 	use Catalyst qw/Session Session::Store::FastMmap Session::State::Cookie/

There's a few options I'm looking for here.  At least I think I'm
looking for.

- I'd like the option in Session::State::Cookie to *not* set
expires on the cookie.  I'd like the action of closing the client to
drop the session.  Or is there a better way to handle the requirement
for sessions to vanish when the client is closed?

- Cookies enabled detection.  I suppose I could do that in my app
class auto method, but might be nice for the plugin to do the
detection.

- I'm not clear about the new design, but another option would be a
a way to specify state fallback -- which would be fallback to a URL
session if cookies are not available.  (For the rare cases where
security isn't really an issue.)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org