[Catalyst] Announcement - New session plugins

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Nov 9 02:03:24 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 09:32:24 -0500, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> The way I've seen it done is to use both cookies and URL rewriting on the first request, and then just turn off URL rewriting on
> the second request if a cookie is found.
>
> Agreed about cookie expiration: you have to write your code with the assumption that no one will ever delete cookies, even if you
> tell them to.  Don't trust the client.

That's what we discussed on #catalyst... When i get around to it (or
when anyone else gets around to it)
Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::Any (or some equivalently
meaningful name) will be written, and it'll behave exactly like
this:

	finalize will call
	$c->Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::Cookie::finalize etc, for
	URI and Cookie if $c->session->{__check_if_cookies_are_working}.
	If it doesn't exist, it will use the plugin found in
	__state_plugin.

	prepare will look at __check_if_cookies_are_working too, delete
	it, and set __state_plugin accordingly.

	make_session_data will be extended to mark set
	__check_if_cookies_are_working

 /\  kung foo master: /me supports the ASCII Ribbon Campaign: neeyah!!!