[Catalyst] Catalyst under apache and modperl

Marcello m.romani at spinsoft.it
Thu Nov 10 12:55:04 CET 2005

Albert Vila ha scritto:

>> Then I'm quite sure the problem is that each child has to compile the
>> entire app at first request.
>> (I had a similar problem.)
>>

>>> The httpd configuration is:
>>>
>>>  PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB /var/catalyst/myapp/lib:/var/catalyst/myapp/conf
>>

>> Try to add the following:
>>
>>    PerlModule MyApp
>

> Now it seems that runs faster, but how can I know if each child compile
> the entire app?. I can't see the debug messages in the apache error file
> and I have the -Debug option enabled. I've upgraded Catalyst to 5.49_04
> and Catalyst::Engine::Apache to 0.99002.

I can't help you wrt debug messages not appearing in the error log (I
see them just fine - Linux, Catalyst 5.33 apache 2.0.54 prefork_mpm,
perl 5.8.7).
About the compilation: the directive PerlModule MyApp is executed before
the childs are spawn (I'm talking about prefork_mpm) so they share the
memory 'containing' the compiled version of the app.

This is complicated stuff that I'd better not try to explain in a few
lines. I've put an entry about this issue on the wiki:

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/SolvedIssues#si.11

> Thanks.

HTH