[Catalyst] Apache2 and Mod_Perl2 set up

charlie Bowman cbowmanschool at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 21:09:59 CET 2005

Are there any tutorials for a Apache2 Mod_Perl2 and
Catalyst (5.33) out there.  For the life of me I can't
seem to get the set up working correctly.  Here is my
relevant startup.pl, .conf files along with my error
log.  I'm just trying to get the basic app runnin.
I"ve made no modifications to the skeleton.  It does
run under the test server.  I'm running Fedora Core 4

startup.pl

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
# commonly used modules
use CGI qw(-compile :all);
use CGI::Carp ();
use lib "/var/www/TreeTribes/lib";
1;

treetribes.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-host.example.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/TreeTribes/root
    ServerAlias treetribes
    ServerName treetribes
    ErrorLog logs/error_log
    CustomLog logs/access_log common
        <Location />
            SetHandler          modperl
            PerlResponseHandler TreeTribes
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>
<Directory /var/www/TreeTribes>
        PerlResponseHandler TreeTribes
        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
        Options ExecCGI
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler TreeTribes
</Directory>

error_log
Thu Nov 10 15:20:39 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
malformed header from script. Bad
header=Congratulations, TreeTribes is:
[Thu Nov 10 15:20:39 2005] [warn] / did not send an
HTTP header