[Catalyst] Why Catalyst instead of Ruby on Rails?

Ovid publiustemp-catalyst at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 20:45:04 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've been doing a bit of research regarding Web application frameworks.
 Catalyst was a breeze to install and I had the test server running and
serving pages immediately.  That was great.  I've read quite a bit that
convinces me that Catalyst is a nice tool.

I'm wondering about two things, though.  First, why would someone want
Catalyst over Ruby (or vice versa)?

Second, are there "success stories" for Catalyst that one can point to
to demonstrate it's scalability and flexibility?

Cheers,
Ovid