[Catalyst] "internal" redirect?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Nov 12 22:41:00 CET 2005

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 09:05:38PM +0100, Marcus Ramberg wrote:

> Hey. Check out Catalyst::Plugin::SubRequest

That's what I ended up using.  I'm wondering why that's not more of a
core feature -- an "internal redirect" that is.  Especially if using
$c->uri_for().  If I use uri_for in a "list" action and forward there
from an "update" action, then links built with uri_for are wrong.

I realize another option is an http redirect, but this is what I'm
using in some cases now:

sub internal_redirect {
    my ( $c, $action, @args ) = @_;

    $action = join '/', $c->action->namespace, $action
        unless $action =~ m!^/!;

    $c->res->output( $c->subreq( $action, @args ) );
    return;
}