[Catalyst] Dispatching question

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Mon Nov 14 06:48:04 CET 2005

Am 14.11.2005 um 06:06 schrieb Maxim Nechaev:

> Hi, all.
>
> Catalyst::Manual::Intro.pod declare "Unrestrained URL-to-Action
> Dispatching" in Catalyst.
> Well, but i think all of dispatching types (Path, Regex, Global,
> Local) badly link up URL and his handler.
> For example, i have some forum Controller, begining with url
> "/forum/". Later, i want move it to "/communication/" or
> "/communication/forum/". What i need to do it?
> Change source - rename perl modules or attributes of subs? I belief
> that wrong end.
> Question. It is possible in Catalist link Controller to URL by some
> kind of configuration change (not Controller source)?
> I'am will be glad mistaken, but while i did'nt found this in
> documentation.

Short answer: Use Local actions and mod_rewrite or a custom rewrite
plugin.

Not so short answer: Your "forum" controller looks like it wants to
be a application, which could be deployed as a mod_perl handler or
FCGI with whatever prefix you want. There is no need to stuff all
functionality in a single Cat app just because it's possible.

--
sebastian