[Catalyst] Problem with Static::Simple and Compress::Zlib

Uwe Voelker uwe.voelker at gmx.de
Mon Nov 14 17:08:34 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm using Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple in combination with
Catalyst::Plugin::Compress::Zlib to server images, css and javascript.

Under Cat 5.33 everything was working fine. Now I have upgraded to 5.52
and the css files stopped working. Images and Javascript is still served
fine. All is done with the test server (I have regenerated the scripts).

If I comment out all the compress plugins css is working again.

In case the order is important:

my @plugin = (
              'Static::Simple',
              'Compress::Deflate',
              'Compress::Gzip',
              'Compress::Zlib',
              'Session::FastMmap',
             );

I also tested with a prerelease (_02 or _03) there were no such phenomen.

The log shows nothing unusual and when I do a GET
http://localhost:8000/css/xyz.css everything looks okay. But Firefox
ignores (without a warning) all css information. Web Developer
Extensions shows a blank output for all css files.

Any ideas what I could do? Is the error in the compress plugins?

Thanks,
bye, Uwe