[Catalyst] Re: Problem with Static::Simple and Compress::Zlib

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Mon Nov 14 18:48:16 CET 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 12:41:07 -0500, Andy Grundman wrote:
> The plugins will need to be updated to support 5.5.  Another (and probably better) option is to configure Apache to serve
> your compressed static files directly, and just leave them uncompressed on the test server.

Aye...

Compress::Zlib has the API features to enable streaming +
compression... See also PerlIO layers for doing that - you might be
able to steal some code.

As for test server vs apache - this is probably a good choice
performance/feature wise too, as mod_deflate has complex logging and
caching capabilities (or was that mod_gzip?).

 /\  kung foo master: /me supports the ASCII Ribbon Campaign: neeyah!!!