[Catalyst] New Bundle::Catalyst

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 22:07:38 CET 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 07:25:28PM +0100, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> We are actually preparing a new Bundle::Catalyst, did we forget
> anything important?

Since you're writing a new bundle, now seems like a good time to raise
something I saw on another mailing list:

---- cut here ----
>I've noticed that quite a few bugs in bugzilla stem from g-cpan.pl
>issues.

Before I threw in the towel, I was working on an update to g-cpan that I
will be re-approaching. Already written was better parsing code for
determining dependencies better. This won't help with bad bundles (try
Bundle::Catalyst::Everything sometime if you don't believe me - I have a
bug in on it, but the problem is that there is no BUNDLE FILE included!
Go figure - no wonder g-cpan has problems with that one, so does cpan,
cpanplus, and any other means you can think of besides reading the
readme and manually installing everything)(and good luck there, another
victim of not listing all of the real deps properly is that some of the
packages don't install in any way other than manually).
---- cut here ----

I don't know if it affects this particular Bundle, but it's be great if
someone could look into this, and maybe even rectify it.

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.