[Catalyst] SQLite -> MySQL

Aaron Peterson dopplecoder at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 22:55:17 CET 2005

On 11/14/05, Will Smith <willbelair at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi,
> could i move myapp Catalyst from SQLite to MySQL ? WHat do I need to do? Can
> I copy the whole app over (of course there is one database in MySQL exactly
> the same) and just change the config ?

It is conceivable that you could simply change the connection string
in your base model class to point to your mysql database instead of
the sqlite database.  If other modifications were necessary I would
think they would be minor unless you have very customized model
classes using features specific to sqlite.  You will need to be sure
you have DBD::mysql and perhaps a few other mysql related perl modules
installed.  Catalyst should tell you which ones are missing when you
start the test server.

Aaron