[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::FormValidator questions

John Wang johncwang at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 01:02:42 CET 2005

A little more progress. Outside of Catalyst, the built-in constraint methods
can be accessed by using Data::FormValidator::Constraints:

Use Data::FormValidator;
Use Data::FormValidator::Constraints qw(:closures)

When I add this to Catalyst::Plugin::FormValidator (or a subclass) I get the
Catalyst debug screen with the following error. This seems to happen when
the plugin is loaded.

Couldn't render template "undef error - first arg to state was not an
object. Must be called as a constraint_method. at (eval 43) line 6. "

Is there a way to use Data::FormValidator's constraint_methods with
Catalyst?

John