[Catalyst] catalyst.pl hack to use config file and run other helpers

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Thu Nov 17 14:30:25 CET 2005

Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the config file you specify what components you want to generate
> and their parameters.  You than run it like this:
>
> ./catalyst.pl Config.yaml
>
> with the config file as the first parameter.
>
> It than generates the application and configured components.  I
> believe that using that approach you could compress the catalyst movie
> to 2/3s of its length (and compete with RoR).
>
> In attachments the hacked catalyst.pl and a sample config file.
>
> -- zby

THe other thing I like about this idea is that it make scaffold a little
more maintanable.

For example, Handel has helpers for the models and controllers, and one
big scaffold helper that runs 'the whole shebang'.

It would be nice to ditch that master scaffold helpers, and simply
suppplt a config file like you have made.

-=Chris