[Catalyst] Models Inheriting from Catalyst::Base

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 16:50:59 CET 2005

I see in the Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook page
  http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-5.56/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Cookbook.pod#Using_existing_CDBI_(etc.)_classes_with_Catalyst
(the Using existing CDBI (etc.) classes with Catalyst section), that its
suggested that Catalyst::Base be added to the base class of a Model.

However I used the recipe in
  http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/SolvedIssues#si.85
(Getting the most from DBIx::Class::Loader) as a basis for my Model
classes (I actually specify the DBIC classes manually as not all are on
standard tables).  This does not inherit from Catalyst::Base

Are there good reasons why I should add this additional inheritance (at
the potential cost of making some of the other scripts pull in chunks of
Catalyst when I don't need it)?  What terrible things will happen if I
don't fix this?

	Nigel.