[Catalyst] Remove .pl from scripts?

Corey corey_s at qwest.net
Sat Nov 19 11:34:08 CET 2005

On Saturday November 19 2005 7:55 am, Jules Bean wrote:
> Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> > Should we remove the .pl extension from scripts?

Let's not focus/obsess on mere aesthetics.  It's silly. Further, I for one
prefer actual usefullness over arguable subjectivity - such as the opinion
of .pl extension as being "ugly". I don't think they're ugly, I think they're
beautiful. I love .pl extensions. They remind me that I'm using perl. But
that's all moot.

What's important is that editors often use extensions for functionality.
Scripts often look for extentions to do stuff. Human beings often use
extensions to avoid ambiguity at a glance.

Those are the reasons why the .pl extentions should remain.