[Catalyst] Catalyst/Internet Explorer strangeness

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Mon Nov 21 19:33:04 CET 2005

Andy Grundman wrote:
> Will Hawes wrote:
>> Having upgraded to 5.57, I'm now getting the double POST behaviour by
>> running the test server without arguments.
>>
>> Adding the -k switch seems (based on a very small amount of testing)
>> to have fixed the problem.
>
> I'm pretty sure I wasn't running with the -k switch last night when I
> ran into the problem.  I'll put a note in the docs about using -k if
> developing with IE.
>
> -Andy

No for the real question...without the -k switch, what happens if you
turn off "Use HTTP 1.1" and "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections" in
Tools -> Advanced -> HTTP 1.1 settings?

Aren't keep-alives part of the HTTP 1.1 spec, of which the HTTP engines
don't do completely? I could be thinking wrongly...

-=Chris