[Catalyst] An initial version of a form rendering and validation module

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 15:55:21 CET 2005

Bernard FRIT wrote:

>Andrew,
>
>2005/11/22, Andrew Ford <A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk>:
>

>>Given that the module works with Catalyst I am making a first
>>announcement of version 0.04 here.  The source code is available from:
>>
>>    http://andrew-ford.com/perl/cgi-formmanager/
>>

>Thanks for your release.
>

>>    This is what our form definition might look like:
>>
>>      my $form_defn = {
>>          options    => { method => 'POST',
>>                          action => $url,
>>                        },
>>          elements   => [ '<h2>Your login credentials</h2>',
>>                          cfm_text_field( name       => 'email',
>>                                          label      => 'Email address',
>>
>>                        ],
>>          validation => { required => [ qw(email password) ],
>>                          constraint_methods => {
>>                              email => email(),
>>                          },
>>                        },
>>      };
>>

>Do you think that form definition data could be reasonably loaded from
>say a YAML file or whatever in the flavor of formbuilder source
>directive?

I was taken by the idea of the CGI::FormBuilder::Source modules and was
wondering whether something like that might be feasible.  I'll put it on
my wish-list.

At the moment I am trying to get a feel for the possibilities and
limitations of the approach of my module, and there are several areas
still needing fleshing out.

Regards
Andrew

--
Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House