[Catalyst] AJAX Support?

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Wed Nov 23 13:58:00 CET 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> 22.11.2005 22:37 Chad Lung:
>> I've been looking through the Catalyst docs/movies/etc and cannot seem to
>> find anything on AJAX support, is this something Catalyst supports out of
>> the box, or...?
>
> What did you think is the auto-complete movie using, pixie dust? :D

I taught a class last week to a couple software developers contracted to
the Navy locally and at the conclusion I showed the autocomplete example
movie as a comparison to what we'd been learning about Java, JSP, and
servlets.  Shock and awe was the student's reaction.

I enjoyed playing with NetBeans and Eclipse, but seeing how Java is slowly
turning back into C++ is truly sad.  When /Java in a Nutshell/ is 1200
pages and fails to cover half the classes requierd in simple day-to-day
work (which other Nutshells are now made for) I really just want one of
the core Java devs to admit that whatever elegance, grace, and simplicity
Java once had is utterly buried and lost.

--
</chris>

My aim is to agitate and disturb people. I'm not selling bread, I'm selling
yeast.
            - Miguel de Unamuno, writer and philosopher (1864-1936)