[Catalyst] FastCGI url handling

Krzysztof Krzyzaniak eloy at kofeina.net
Wed Nov 23 17:01:27 CET 2005

Andy Grundman wrote:
> Jules Bean wrote:
>
>>Carl Franks wrote:
>>
>>> This satisfies my initial requirement of url's such as
>>>'/myapp/products', and being transparent to the user.
>>>
>>>Would it be appropriate for this to be added to "Using FastCGI" in
>>>Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook ?
>>
>>If you're volunteering, then why don't you knock up a patch? More
>>knowledgeable people can always disagree on the details :)
>

> There are example configs for Apache and lighttpd in the
> Catalyst::Engine::FastCGI pod.  Both root and non-root examples are listed.

Btw. there is another module for apache2 called fcgid
(http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/) and one can use it as well.

My configurations is something like:

<VirtualHost :*>
  ServerName my.secret.site
  DocumentRoot /srv/web/myapp/htdocs/
  Alias /static/ /srv/web/myapp/htdocs/static/

  ScriptAliasMatch ^/user/(.+)
/srv/web/myapp/script/myapp_fastcgi.pl/user/$1

  <Directory /srv/web/myapp/script/>
   SetHandler fcgid-script
   Options ExecCGI
   allow from all
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

where /user/ is one of controllers. This could be written in simpler way
but I share this virtualhost with some other non-catalyst scripts.

   eloy
--

        jak to dobrze, że są oceany - bez nich byłoby jeszcze smutniej