[Catalyst] Install latest Catalyst build without CPAN

apv apv at sedition.com
Tue Nov 29 06:43:02 CET 2005

I know this is kind of a dummy question but how can I install/update
Catalyst directly from the code trunk? I could brute force something
with lwp-download but I suspect there is an approved, normal way to do
this.

5.57 is running fine for things already built, and the server and app
can run, but trying to build a dist from a brand new app tonight I get
stuck at the Makefile.PL stage with:

 >perl Makefile.PL
include inc/Module/Install.pm
Can't locate object method "new" via package
"Module::Install::Catalyst" at inc/Module/Install.pm -
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/Module/Install.pm line 270.

So I'd love to get to 5.58 and see if that fixes this.

Thanks as always,
-Ashley