[Catalyst] catalyst and fink

stephen joseph butler stephen.butler at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:32:37 CET 2005

I've created fink info files for Catalyst and its dependencies (fink
is an OS X package manager). Everything seems to be working great and
I'm almost ready to upload it to their ticket system.

There's only one problem, and it's between FinkCommander and
Catalyst's build tests. When running some of the tests
(live_component_controller_action_auto,
live_component_controller_action_begin, etc) under FinkCommander I get
the error "Can't dup stdin". Since it all works fine under Terminal I
assume FinkCommander is doing something special to stdin (to capture
the output of the commands).

Anyone have any  ideas how I can work around this? I can skip the
tests, but I'd rather not do that for obvious reasons. Fink lets you
run patch files and otherwise alter the build processes however you
want.

Thanks.