[Catalyst] New Auth/Session Stuff

Aaron Peterson dopplecoder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:28:19 CET 2005

On 11/30/05, Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 10:50:26 -0500, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>
> > Indeed. Of course, by the time I get there this evening, I'll be well
> > sloshed. :-)
>
> I take that back.. It's a good idea to do it the way you expected.
>
> I'll do it by the time you get on IRC this evening ;-)

I was having some trouble this too my first time around, so I put
$c->log->debug( $c->user ) in just to see what the old user object
looked like anyway.  In case it helps, it seemed to contain a key for
the user table that contained my user/password info with subkeys named
after the fields they were stored in.  Only contained the primary key,
user and password fields though (even though more were available in
the table itself)

so my user table was named "user" and:

$c->user->user->user_id #my primary key field
$c->user->user->handle #my username field
$c->user->user->password #my password field

There is other stuff in the object, and Dumper will obviously reveal it all :-)

Aaron