[Catalyst] Exceptions and templates and stuff.

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Wed Nov 30 22:07:55 CET 2005

catalyst-bounces at lists.rawmode.org wrote on 11/30/2005 02:05:00 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing with having my own error templates rather than the
> default ones. I've got it set up so that I can throw exceptions I've
> defined which know about their own templates. It seems to work, but I've
> never used Exception::Class before and I've not entirely got the hang of
> Catalyst yet, so can someone have a look and tell me if I'm doing
> something really daft?

Is your example code really in use?  I tend to show my form errors back on
the
same form page so the user can correct and move on.  Also I use one error
template for all application level exceptions that feeds in info from the
error state and just presents it nicely when possible with enough info to
track down the issue without exposing too much internal app
structure -- I am interested to know what type of errors you toss that
need unique error templates?