[Catalyst] Note: Incompatible $c->req->uri API change made to upcoming Catalyst 5.5

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Mon Oct 3 03:33:49 CEST 2005

FYI, we've made a minor change to the Request API that is incompatible
with prior versions.

$c->req->uri now returns a URI object.  This method used to return only
base + path (i.e. http://server/path) but will now stringify to base,
path, and query parameters, i.e. http://server/path?a=1

But this means you can now call things like:
$c->req->uri->query	# return raw query string
$c->req->uri->host	# return just the server hostname

Two things we have been missing for a while. :)

Also note, $c->req->base is now a URI object, but still stringifies to
the old value, so no incompatibility there.

These changes will take effect in Catalyst 5.5.  You can check them out
now on the refactored branch if you'd like to help test.
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/browser/branches/refactored/

-Andy