[Catalyst] Clash of the plugins: SubRequest vs Static::Simple

Johan Lindström johanl at DarSerMan.com
Wed Oct 5 00:17:41 CEST 2005

I just bumped into a clash between the SubRequest and Static::Simple plugins.

Separately, niiice. Together, SubRequest doesn't work properly anymore (I
get undef) when I call it like this:

$c->stash->{imagemap} = $c->subreq("/graph/imap");

It seems like, in subreq() where $c->dispatch() is called, it calls the
Static::Simple::dispatch, which correctly figures out it shouldn't handle
the request so it calls "return $c->NEXT::dispatch(@_);", which fails to
find any other method to call. So it never reaches the original Catalyst
dispatch method.

Does this sound like one (or both) of the plugins are misbehaving somehow,
or is it simply not possible to combine plugins this way? Or did I just do
something wrong?

TIA,

/J

PS.

It doesn't matter which order I have the two in my Catalyst app:
use Catalyst qw/-Debug Static::Simple SubRequest Session::CGISession /;
The Static::Simple::dispatch gets called either way.