[Catalyst] Clash of the plugins: SubRequest vs Static::Simple

Johan Lindström johanl at DarSerMan.com
Wed Oct 5 01:35:20 CEST 2005

At 00:29 2005-10-05, Andy Grundman wrote:
>I'll try to duplicate this and write a failing test for
>Static::Simple.  Just looking at the code, I can't see anything wrong, though.

Attached is a simple Cat project that demonstrates the behaviour (note:
Windows newlines).

perl script\smurf_test.pl /bar/baz
[just outputs text]
in Bar::baz

perl script\smurf_test.pl /bar/foo
[calls /bar/baz as a subrequest and outputs some text with the result]
in Bar::foo with subreq: (in Bar::baz)

If you edit Smurf.pm and add the Static::Simple, you get this instead:
in Bar::foo with subreq: ()

And if you'll trace after the breakpoint you'll see how Smurf::dispatch()
is never called.

/J