[Catalyst] table discovery

Jurgen Pletinckx jurgen.pletinckx at algonomics.com
Thu Oct 6 13:22:31 CEST 2005

	On 10/6/05, Jurgen Pletinckx <jurgen.pletinckx at algonomics.com>
wrote:

		What _is_ scaffolding, btw? Does this application of the
term
		to DB frontends originate with Rails? Or is it an earlier
		concept?

	Scaffold n.
	A raised wooden framework or platform.

	In rails (and catalyst) in means a temporary framework you can build
your app upon. This means that we do not expect you to build a finished
application without writing code. The scaffolding merely provides you a
starting point from which you can write your own templates and actions.

Yah. I assumed I would just put the basic scaffolded version on
display and leave it at that, but I already find myself itching
to extend things just a wee bit. Just when I thought I was done :/

--
Jurgen Pletinckx