[Catalyst] Session ID Strategies

Cory Watson jheephat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 21:49:29 CEST 2005

Perhaps I've not spent enough time looking, but I'm having a hard
time finding how to properly throw a session id around.  I've found
the uri() method for cooking a URI to include the session id, but I
don't see an easy way to get this into all my templates.  I suppose I
could write some type of macro that returned a URI...

Aside from getting the session id INTO the url, there's the question
of how to get it out.  I can easily get a cooked URI and follow it,
but Catalyst seems to ignore the session id and generate a new one
each time when I turn off cookies.  The first thing that comes to
mind is a regex action that looks for ^([0-9a-fA-F]{32})(.*)$ then
have that action forward to $2 out of snippets.

Perhaps I'm missing a solution.  Can someone offer some suggestions?

Cory Watson
http://www.onemogin.com