[Catalyst] Session ID Strategies

Sam Vilain sam at vilain.net
Fri Oct 14 01:10:12 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 14:42 -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 02:49:29PM -0500, Cory Watson wrote:
> > Perhaps I've not spent enough time looking, but I'm having a hard
> > time finding how to properly throw a session id around.  I've found
> > the uri() method for cooking a URI to include the session id, but I
> > don't see an easy way to get this into all my templates.  I suppose I
> > could write some type of macro that returned a URI...
> You don't want to use cookies?

FWIW, the URL rewriter in PSA::Request::CGI handles generating the
'correct' next URI based on whether a cookie was received.  ie, if there
was no cookie received for this request then make damned sure the SID is
in the next URI.  If you are looking at moving over a similar feature to
Catalyst, it might be worth checking that you're covering the same cases
as that code.

Sam.