[Catalyst] New default screen for Catalyst.

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 10:47:22 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 08:17:34PM +0200, Andreas Marienborg wrote:
> First of: Great idea!
>
> I also both agree and disagree with some of the discussion on the
> list, but as a result, I tried to whip up another suggestion:
>
> http://home.palle.net/~omega/welcome.html
>
> Feedback is of course welcome.

Personally I prefer the content in this one. It covers that "Oh s**t,
now what do I do?" feeling, without suffocating the user in too much
immediate detail.

On the other hand, I work on the move quite a bit, and nothing would be
more frustrating than a "click here for some useful info" link, that I
can't read because it's a external webpage.

Maybe Catalyst::Intro::(View|Model|Controller)s? as part of the
distribution?

Not sure, but whichever route we go, I believe it's progress in the
right direction, and can always be refined later.

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk