[Catalyst] New default screen for Catalyst.

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Wed Oct 19 20:12:36 CEST 2005

Dominique Quatravaux wrote:
> Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>

>>><crazyidea> Is there any reason that, as an exception to the rule,
>>>Catalyst 5.5 could include the static plugin as part of it's
>>>install package? [...] <crazyidea>
>

> And what about a fallback implementation with a crude hack that just
> messes directly with HTTP headers and body if
> Catalyst::Plugin::Static* is not available?
>
> Oh you mean the "elegant" MVC framework? Nevermind :-)
>
> --
> Dominique QUATRAVAUX                           Ingénieur senior
> 01 44 42 00 08                                 IDEALX

I guess that's just a matter of perspective on what elegant means on top
of user-friendliness-is-less-code-writing brainwashing.

Personally, I think that any web framework that creates a root directory
and then can't serve [static] things out of it without further
programming/configuration is broken. Especially when the example config
in mod_perl is: Location / with a perl-handler (aka, everything goes
through it by default). That's just me. It can't be all things to all
people.

-=Chris