[Catalyst] New default screen for Catalyst.

Kenny Gatdula kennyg at pobox.com
Wed Oct 19 23:12:42 CEST 2005

Christopher H. Laco wrote:

> <crazyidea>
> Is there any reason that, as an exception to the rule, Catalyst 5.5
> could include the static plugin as part of it's install package?
>
> I know the point of plugins is to keep the core simple, but in this
> case, serving static content is a pretty big expected out-of-the-box
> feature...without the user having to go through installing a plugin and
> tweaking MyApp.pm..
> <crazyidea>

It's so crazy, it just might work! I think handling static content
should be setup out of the box without having to manually configure it
via a plugin. I like the way the TTSite helper sets up some defaults for
you, as it keeps the root organized, and think it would be useful to
setup a static directory for css/js/images.

Kenny