[Catalyst] Confused by detach

Cory Watson jheephat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:09:30 CEST 2005

On Oct 20, 2005, at 12:58 PM, Sebastian Riedel wrote:

> The problem is "at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Catalyst/
> Dispatcher.pm line 36", which is appended to the exception text.
> We can only catch exceptions that eq $Catalyst::DETACH, wonder why
> this happens.
>
> All versions of Perl i tested didn't append file and line to
> exceptions ending with a newline.

Solved!

My test script was actually a recycled perl script with some use's in
it.  I put the die BEFORE the use statements, but those are handled
at BEGIN, so it they were included when the die happened.  Way down
deep in the packages I was use()ing Data::FormValidator.  I
eventually isolated the package that was causing the problem and took
out all it's requirements.  After I saw it was Data::FormValidator I
went to CPAN and issued an 'install Data::FormValidator'.  Sure
enough, there was a newer version.  No more problems...

How very odd.

Cory Watson
http://www.onemogin.com