[Catalyst] New class templates

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Fri Oct 21 10:08:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

These are the new class templates for catalyst.pl in the upcoming 5.5.
We tried to make them friendlier by adding comments and commented out
end/default actions.

What could we change/add to make them even more friendly?

Note that these templates have to be balanced to help new catalyst
users while not distracting old ones.

********
package MyApp;

use strict;

# -Debug activates the debug mode for very useful log messages
# Static::Simple will serve static files from the root directory
use Catalyst qw/-Debug Static::Simple/;

our $VERSION = '0.01';

# Configure the application
MyApp->config( name => 'MyApp' );

# Start the application
MyApp->setup;

=head1 NAME

MyApp - Catalyst based application

=head1 SYNOPSIS

     script/myapp_server.pl

=head1 DESCRIPTION

Catalyst based application.

=head1 METHODS

=over 4

=item default

=cut

# Output a friendly welcome message
sub default : Private {
     my ( $self, $c ) = @_;

     # Hello World
     $c->response->body( $c->welcome_message );
}

# Uncomment and modify this end action after adding a View class
#=item end
#
#=cut
#
#sub end : Private {
#    my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
#
#    # Forward to View unless response body is already defined
#    $c->forward('MyApp::V::') unless $c->response->body;
#}

=back

=head1 AUTHOR

Sebastian Riedel

=head1 LICENSE

This library is free software . You can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the same terms as perl itself.

=cut

1;
********
package MyApp::C::Foo;

use strict;
use base 'Catalyst::Base';

=head1 NAME

MyApp::C::Foo - Catalyst component

=head1 SYNOPSIS

See L<MyApp>

=head1 DESCRIPTION

Catalyst component.

=head1 METHODS

=over 4

# Uncomment, modify and add new actions to fit your needs
#=item default
#
#=cut
#
#sub default : Private {
#    my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
#
#    # Hello World
#    $c->response->body('MyApp::C::Foo is on Catalyst!');
#}

--
sebastian