[Catalyst] New class templates

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Fri Oct 21 14:46:39 CEST 2005

Oliver Gorwits wrote:
> On Friday 21 October 2005 11:29, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
>
>>I tend not to use warnings on production systems, script/
>>myapp_server.pl uses perl -w...
>

> Yes, standard use of warnings in production can be chatty and useless,
> but in the form below is a nice addition (subjectively) to 'strict':
>
>    use warnings FATAL => 'all';
>
> regards,
> oliver.

I'd have to say that use warnings is a must, just as must as use strict
is. I don't say that for technical reasons, but on the fact the it's the
current recommended practice in the perl community. I'd hope we want to
foster best practices in the autogenerated code, just as any book auther
would want to foster best practices in their books example code.

That's just me.

Having been a person who's renamed and moved a MyApp to a
MyApp::Somethingelse while migrating a catapp into an existing app,
__PACKAGE__ would have made life a whole lot easier.

-=Chris