[Catalyst] Moving data with form actions

David Narayan david.narayan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:09:34 CEST 2005

I am building a Catalyst application that does the following:
 1. Takes data from a database (of sorts)
  2. Presents a form for additional input
 3. Shows a preview of an email
 4. Sends an email

So for example, I have this:

/provider/list
  -> user selects Provider_A which is a link to /provider/view/[% provider %]

/provider/view/provider_a
  -> user fills out form
  -> user clicks 'Preview' which has action="/provider/preview/[% provider %]"

/provider/preview/provider_a
  -> example email is shown
  -> user clicks 'Send Email' which has action="/provider/preview/[%
provider %]"

/provider/mail/provider_a

I am unsure of how to get the requisite data to the mail step. Ideally
I would like to use SubRequest to render a template for the email and
simply give that to the mail action. However, I'm unsure of how to get
the rendered template from preview() to mail(). My initial thought was
to use a hidden form variable but that seems messy given the size of
the text.

Thanks,
-David