OT: Templating systems (was RE: [Catalyst] New default screen for Catalyst)

Matthew Lawrence matthew.lawrence at ehsbrann.com
Mon Oct 24 14:50:01 CEST 2005

Drew Taylor wrote:
> On 10/21/05, *Bill Moseley* <moseley at hank.org <mailto:moseley at hank.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 09:31:25AM +0100, Matthew Lawrence wrote:
>      > There's an undocumented method in Class::DBI called
>     make_read_only that
>      > adds a _croak trigger to the create, delete and update methods.
>
>     Is there a related method to remove those triggers?
>

> I don't believe there is. After all, having it work both ways would
> basically undo the whole purpose of having readonly objects. IIRC, all
> you have to do is dispose of the object and retrieve it again - no
> readonly triggers in sight.

Although if make_read_only is called on the class you can't do that.
e.g. if your class represents a view or some other table that should
never be modified.

There isn't a clean way of removing triggers, but it should be easy
enough to circumvent Class::Trigger if need be (i.e. modifying class or
object __trigger data directly).

Perhaps future versions of Class::Trigger will implement removable triggers?

Matt