[Catalyst] Configuration Approach

Andrew Libby andrew.libby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 04:34:30 CEST 2005

I'm learning Catalyst, and have found that I'm using a number of
plugins, and a variety of configuraiton parameters.  It seems
that managing app configurations can be quite cumbersome as there
may be redundancy in config parameters (for exmaple with
Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::LDAP and Catalyst::Model::LDAP,
etc.

What are folks doing to address this?

What do folks generally do to have configuraitons that are easily
managable by non-programmers?

Also, can anyone comment on the life of an application object?  Is one
instanciated per request, or is there a single instance that
serves all requests?  I'm guessing it's the former...

Thanks for any input.

Andy
--

Andrew Libby