[Catalyst] i18n plugin not working for me

Alejandro Imass alejandro.imass at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 03:03:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am quite new to Catalyst and new to i18n so please bear w me, searched the
list archives and found only one post to i18n that I did not understand.

I tried a small example w/ a brand new catalyt app called 'Nueva'. Here is
the relevant method in Nueva.pm <http://Nueva.pm>

sub prueba : Global {

my ($self, $c) = @_;
$c->languages( ['es'] );

# I wonder if the plugin supports this!
#my $place = ~~'world';

my $place = $c->localize('world');

$c->res->output("Called Global $place instead!");

}

I created the directory Prueba/I18N as the pod says and created one po file
called 'es' in that directory with this content:

# es.po
msgid "world"
msgstr "mundo"

The example did not work. I have two questions:

1) Why?
2) Is the =~~ supported in the Catalyst plugin?

Thanks in advance,
Alejandro