[Catalyst] Self restarting test server for Win32!

Will Hawes info at whawes.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 10:08:30 CET 2005

Attached is a patch to Catalyst::Engine::HTTP (from the 5.49_02 release) to make the self-restarting test server work on Win32.

I've not found a way to get the test server to restart in the existing command window (if anyone knows, I'd like to find out). Instead the patch uses start.exe to restart the server in a new window, then uses Win32::Process::Info to find the pid for the current cmd.exe and to close the existing window. It's fiddly but functional.

This should work on any Windows machine with WMI installed - that is to say 2000/XP/2003 out of the box and older Windows OSes where WMI has been installed retrospectively.

Testing and feedback from any other folks running on Win32 would be appreciated (please reply to the list). So far I have verified that it works correctly on Win2003 (no SP) and WinXP SP2.

Regards

wh