[Catalyst] installing Catalyst on Debian 3.1 Stable (Sarge) using Apt

cfm at maine.com cfm at maine.com
Mon Sep 5 05:06:52 CEST 2005

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 07:31:24PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> catalyst:
>
> I'm a Catalyst newbie who would like to try out Catalyst on my Debian 3.1 Stable
> (Sarge) machine.  I'd prefer using the Apt package management system rather than
> going to CPAN or source (I've damaged machines by going outside their intended
> package management system, so I now avoid that).

FWIW, I've been running the unstable dist in a *production* environment
for many years now.  My experience is that support at the bleeding edge
is far, far, far better than at the "stable" point.

But we do have a system where our dev machines get updated weekly and
our production machines "irregularly" - at some sort of semi stable
point - but still with the unstable dist - when we feel confident to
push everything to production.

Your question is more properly a topic for discussion on a debian
list than on this one.  :-)

Your other alternative is dh-make-perl.

best,
cfm